Supporting the Clinician & Person with Persisting Pain
CPD course for Healthcare Professionals (particularly suited to Physios, OTs, GPs)
A two day in-person course (Nov 10th and 11th 2023) at Galway City Physiotherapy, Liosbaun Business Park. Followed by eight fortnightly peer group sessions on Zoom™ on Wednesday evenings at 6pm (one-hour, dates below).
30% of people experience persistent (also called chronic) pain.
· Supporting individuals in distress with persistent pain can be challenging.
· Research tells us that clinicians lack confidence in providing effective support for this population.
· Guidelines recommend psychologically informed care.
How will this course benefit me?
Enhance your clinical skills in supporting people with persistent pain. This comprehensive and hybrid course offers evidence-based, multi-faceted skills development in contemporary pain care:
· Update your knowledge and skills on pain science, core communication skills, supported self-management strategies, and medication guidance.
· Led by two clinical-academic experts in pain management: Diarmuid and Jackie, with experience and passion for better supporting people living with pain.
· Signposting to helpful resources for immediate use in clinical practice.
· Hybrid training model: two-day in-person workshop followed by eight online peer reflection group sessions.
· Fortnightly zoom sessions provide a safe and supportive space to learn, share challenges, problem solve, and embed your enhanced skills with Diarmuid, Jackie, and the group
You will learn core pain management skills and psychologically informed approaches.
After completing this course, you will understand that this is not about learning to become a “mini” psychologist but rather enhancing your existing skills to improve communication and therapeutic alliance.
For any further questions, additional course information, and to discuss your specific needs please contact Diarmuid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Course Fee: You pay €450 (Skills Net are subsidising this course and paying the remaining 40% of costs)
· Dates: Fri &Sat 10/11th November 2023 (with follow up 8 x 1hr online sessions on Wed evenings at 6pm on following dates: Nov 22nd, Dec 6th, Jan 3rd, Jan 17th, Jan 31st, Feb 14th, Feb 28th, Mar 13th)
Places are strictly limited to ensure maximum opportunities to learn for participants. Don't miss this opportunity to develop your clinical skills and join a supportive community of peers. Sign up today.
Click here to book Via Skills net
Please note that lunch is NOT provided but morning and afternoon tea/coffee and snacks are. There are a number of eateries near the venue or you can bring your own lunch as preferred.